User:Spiralofhope/1-Minute Test redux
From Librivox wiki
- Turn off computer
- Plug in microphone
- Turn on computer
- Take your hand and spread the fingers apart. Pointing your thumb at your mouth, your smallest (pinky) finger should be touching or very near the mic. However you set your microphone, a consistent placement and distance is important.
- Edit > Preferences <Control-P>
- Devices > Channels: 1 (Mono)
- Quality > Default Sample Format: 16 bit
- At the top, click the red circle to begin recording. A new track will appear in the main view.
- Click the yellow square to stop recording.
- If you make a mistake and want to start over, you can stop recording then click the small 'X' to the top-left of your audio track.
5 seconds of sil
- File > Export
- Bottom-right, choose MP3 Files
- The default options are correct: Constant, 128 kbps, Joint stereo