From Librivox wiki
Help with AUDACITY A few short videos about this great editing program
- AUDACITY: An Overview for the Completely Bewildered Click to see video New to Audacity? Wonder what all those buttons and funny thingies are? This video will get you recording in just a few minutes and explain which buttons are most useful and which to avoid. Intended mainly for LibriVox recorders.
- AUDACITY: Setting Up Your LibriVox Technical Specs. click to see video It is easy to do. Setting up your bit rate, sample rate and all that other technical stuff. This 3 minute video will walk you through it step by step.
- AUDACITY: Changing Your Bit rate Click to see videohave you been told your bit rate is wrong? well, if you use Audacity, it is easy to fix.
- AUDACITY: Amplifying a File click to see video Making a recording louder using Audacity.
- AUDACITY: Cutting out mistakes and replacing words Click to see video Everyone needs to remove wrong stuff and replace it with the right stuff.
- AUDACITY: Noise Removal in Audacity click to see video Noise Cleaning or Removal is easy. watch this.
- AUDACITY Noise Removal: What Do Those Slider Thingies Do? click to watch video The 4 adjustment bars in Noise Removal can be confusing. This video explains what each of them do:Noise Reduction, Sensitivity, Frequency Smoothing and Attack/Delay.
- AUDACITY: Converting a Stereo track to Mono click to see video in one easy click in Audacity !.
- AUDACITY: The Compressor Effect Explained Click to see Video Spikes-Be-Gone. Reduce or remove those annoying spikes from your track without bothering the low parts. Next to Noise Reduction, one of the most amazingly useful effects.
- AUDACITY: Using the "Z" Key for Smoooth Cuts Click to see Video How to use the Z key to avoid those annoying 'clicks' when our cuts don't fall on zero crossings.
- AUDACITY: Use the "C" Key Before You Cut Click to see videoThe C key in Audacity allows you to listen to what your track will sound like with the selection removed. An easy way to be sure you are removing the exact section you want to get rid of. Like the Z key, this is a sort of built in Hot Key and invaluable for quick accurate editing.
- AUDACITY: How to Personalize Your Keyboard Shortcuts Click to see video. Keyboard shortcuts can make editing much easier and smoother especially if you personalize them to fit your style and preferences. This video explains how to make almost any key perform a command.
- AUDACITY: Some Parts of My Recording are TOO LOUD and other Too SoftClick to see video. This video describes how to use Compressor to bring down those loud parts of a whole file so that you can amplify if needed.
Help with LibriVox and Related Stuff
- WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX: Installing Audacity  A short video on how to install Audacity and the LAME codex in Windows so that files can be exported as MP3s.
- How to upload your 1 minute test click to see videothis video explains how to upload your 1 minute test recording.
- LibriVox: I'm New, What Should I Read First Click to see videoJust received the OK on your 1 minute test? This video shows you how to find our weekly poem, record and upload it successfully. A fun and easy way to start your recording career!
- The LibriVox Recording Process: Is it Magic? click to see video This video explains how a book progresses from being suggested to finally being recorded and cataloged. Jargon such as BC, MC, PL and DPL are explained.
- File Names & ID3 Tags: How to complete these for Librivox click to see video This video explains where to get the information to correctly complete file names and ID3 tags before you upload a file
- Put a Clickable Link in Your LibriVox Signature Click to see video Spiffy up your Signature with links to web sites or even to your LibriVox Personal Page ! Let the world access your stuff !
- MP3Gain - Finding the Volume of your MP3 recordingsClick to see video How close is it to our target of 89 Db? Use this free program to quickly know the decibel level of any mp3 recordings
- Keeping Track of Your LibriVox Commitments to see video 3 tools built into the LibriVox Forum to keep complete control of your projects and commitments
- Oh Dear! I deleted my recording!click to see video If you've been told to edit your recording but can't find it, this is how to easily download it from our server (assuming you have ever uploaded it :))
- Saving and Uploading a recording to LibriVox click to see video this is one way to do it.
- How to tell your volume level in Audacity. click to see videoUsing your eyes and ears to get a good volume level.
- Some Cool Things in our LibriVox Forum click to see video this video explains ways to keep track of your projects using Bookmarks and Subscriptions as well as your personal catalog page. Also some of those strange forum symbols are covered.
- Linking to Google Docs in the Magic Window click to see video Using Google Docs allows Book Coordinators to make it easier for the reader. This video explains how to set up and use Google Docs to do this.
- Proof Listening: 101 Click to see video The 3 main things a standard proof listener checks, plus what they do not need to check. For beginners eager to get started proof listening.
- Proof Listening: 102 Click to see video How to find things to proof listen and then how to report your findings. Also for beginners.
- Proof Listening: 103 Click to see video Checking those technical thingies when you proof listen; for the more technically astute and not required for standard level, but appreciated by the Meta Coordinator if you wish to do it.