Start a new solo project
From Librivox wiki
Revision as of 17:27, 29 October 2013 by LordOider (Removed link to unfinished guide and dead video. Updated link.)
For more detailed information, see: How To Become A Book Coordinator
When you are ready to launch your first solo, use the Project Template Generator.
Post the template in the forum
- Go to the New Projects Launch Pad
- Start a New Topic by clicking the button on the top left of the forum:
- Enter a subject: Type "SOLO Title by Author" (e.g."SOLO Hard Times by Charles Dickens"). For non-English books, please add the language, e.g. "SOLO [FRENCH] Les liaisons dangereuses de P.C. de Laclos"
- Copy the template that was generated from the New Project Template Generator and paste it into the edit box:
- Please now read through your finished post, and take note of the instructions in it. You can use them throughout recording to make sure you fulfill all requirements for LibriVox files before you submit them.
- Check your thread for replies every day.
- Sometimes it takes a couple of days for an MC to pick up a new project (projects are not picked chronologically, but depending on MC availability), so please be patient.
- You may already start recording. If you have never recorded a solo project before, it's best to check that your meta data (example file name & tags) are all right - just contact any member of the LibriVox admin team via PM (private message) and you should get an answer straight away.