How to use this template
- Copy the template below and paste it into a new topic in the Proof Listeners or Editors Wanted forum. For a subject in the thread, please put "IP - Listeners WANTED: Title by Author" (IP stands for In Progress. Leave out the Author if there's no room).
- Modify the template so it fits your project, according to the notes below.
- Click Preview in the post to make sure everything looks OK.
- Post the topic. An admin will be locking the thread later to make sure volunteers post only in the project thread.
- Whenever there aren't any new sections that need PL, please edit your post subject to say "IP - Listeners FOUND: Title by Author." When new sections are complete, simply change the subject back to "Listeners WANTED." It is quite frustrating for potential PLers to look through Listeners WANTED threads with no open sections! When you've found a DPL, please contact your MC and ask for the PL thread to be deleted from the forum.
How to modify the template
- Copy the title, author, genre, and language (if other than English) from your project thread and paste them into the template.
- Copy the summary/description and paste it into your template.
- Copy the links to the project thread and text source and paste them into the template.
- If you want more than Standard level PL, copy the appropriate level & instructions from the PL FAQ.
- At the bottom, you can see the code for the Magic Window. Go to your project thread. In the first post, click "edit" on the top right to see the code of the post. Find the same code for the Magic Window in the middle of your project post. In the template, replace the #### between the brackets with the numbers you find in your project post.
COPY FROM BELOW THIS LINE TO THE END OF THE PAGE
[color=indigo][size=150][b][LANGUAGE: GENRE] Title by Author[/b][/size][/color]
[quote]Project summary/description - copy from project thread.[/quote]
[b]This project is looking for prooflisteners. A [url=https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Glossary#Dedicated_Proof_Listener]DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener)[/url] would be preferred, but until one is found, we need prooflistening for completed sections. They are marked in the Magic Window below as [color=blue]Ready for PL[/color].[/b]
[b]Project thread[/b]: link
[color=#FF0000] Please post in the project thread below if you can help with proof-listening.[/color]
[b]New to prooflistening?[/b] Please read [url=https://forum.librivox.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=17680]this FAQ[/url].
[b]Level of PL: Standard[/b]
Please consider these points during proof-listening and comment on them as appropriate:
[list][*]Does the intro match the one specified in the first post of the project thread (below the Magic Window)?
[*]Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
[*]Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
[*]Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
[*]Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
[*]Does the ending match the one specified in the first post of the project thread?
[*]Are there 5 seconds of silence at the end of the file?[/list]