Difference between revisions of "ProofListening Template"
(New page: == How to use this template == # Copy the template below and paste it into a new topic in the Listeners/Editors Wanted forum. For a subject in the thread, please put "IP - Listeners WANTED...)
Revision as of 13:47, 8 July 2009
How to use this template
- Copy the template below and paste it into a new topic in the Listeners/Editors Wanted forum. For a subject in the thread, please put "IP - Listeners WANTED: Title by Author" (IP stands for In Progress. Leave out the Author if there's no room).
- Modify the template so it fits your project, according to the notes below.
- Click Preview in the post to make sure everything looks OK.
- Post the topic. An admin will be locking the thread later to make sure volunteers post only in the project thread.
- Whenever there aren't any new sections that need PL, please edit your post subject to say "IP - Listeners FOUND: Title by Author." When new sections are complete, simply change the subject back to "Listeners WANTED." It is quite frustrating for potential PLers to look through Listeners WANTED threads with no open sections! When you've found a DPL, please contact your MC and ask for the PL thread to be deleted from the forum.
How to modify the template
- Go to your project thread. In the first post, click "edit" on the top right to see the code of the post.
- Copy the genre (and language, if other than English) from the subject of your project thread and paste it into the template.
- Copy the summary/description and paste it into your template.
- Delete 'solo' or 'group' from this sentence as appropriate: "This solo/group project is looking for proof-listeners." Delete the following sentence about DPLs if you're not looking for a DPL.
- If you want more than Standard level PL, copy the appropriate level & instructions from the PL FAQ.
- Replace 'link' with the real URL of your project thread.
- At the bottom, you can see the code for the Magic Window. Find the same code in the middle of your project post. There are two instances of 'xxxx' - replace these with the numbers you find in your project post and your Magic Window will be displayed correctly.
COPY FROM BELOW THIS LINE TO THE END OF THE PAGE
[color=indigo][size=18][b][LANGUAGE: GENRE] Title by Author[/b][/size][/color]
[quote]Project summary/description - copy from project thread[/quote]
[b][color=blue]This solo/group project is looking for proof-listeners. A [url=http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Glossary#Dedicated_Proof_Listener][u]DPL (Dedicated Proof Listener)[/u][/url] would be preferred, but until one is found we need PL for completed sections.[/color][/b]
[list][*][b]New to proof-listening?[/b] Please read [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=724][u]this FAQ[/u][/url].
[*][b]Level of PL[/b]: Standard
[*][b]Please consider these points during proof-listening and comment on them as appropriate:[/b]
[list][*]Do the intro and disclaimer match the instructions at the bottom of this post (below the magic window)?
[*]Are there any long silences or pauses that ought to be edited out? If so, note the time.
[*]Are there any stumbles or repeats that ought to be edited out? If so, note the words and the time.
[*]Is there excessive background noise, a constant hiss or buzz that detracts from the reading?
[*]Did you need to turn your volume up unusually high to listen to the recording? (Or did you find the recording too loud?)
[*]Are the correct closing words used at the end of the recording (see instructions in the first post of the project thread, below the Magic Window)?
[*]Are there 5 seconds of silence (10 if the recording is more than 30 minutes long) at the end of the file?[/list]
[*][b]Project thread[/b]: link
[i][color=blue]Please post in the project thread if you can help with proof-listening.[/color][/i]
[*][b]Text[/b]: See first post of project thread.
[*][b]File lengths[/b]: See Notes fields in the Magic Window.
[*][b]Which sections need PL?[/b]: Look in the Notes field in the Magic Window for "[b][color=red]PL needed[/color][/b]" or some such thing. The Magic Window below is displayed for reference, you can see what sections need listening at a glance. [i][color=blue]Please make sure to read the most recent posts in the project thread to make sure no other listener has claimed a section until the Magic Window was last updated.[/color][/i][/list]