How To Find A Reader
We are often asked how it's possible to find more of the works recorded by a favourite reader.
Search the LibriVox catalogue
You can search the LibriVox catalogue by reader. From the main catalogue search page, click on 'More search options,' or click here to be directed to the Advanced Search. You'll find a field for the reader there.
- You can enter either the forum name or the catalogue name of the reader.
- Find just solo works, or collaborative works, by using the 'Solo/Group' field.
- Find only works that are already completed by using the 'Status' field.
Please note that for some readers, the search results are displayed on more than one page:
Be alerted when the reader finishes another recording
There is currently no way of doing this automatically, so you'll have to check back yourself from time to time if there's anything new:
1. Search the catalogue for the reader (as above). From the 'Status' drop-down, choose 'In progress.' If the reader is working on a recording, you will get a list of projects with the name of the reader underneath. Click on the name to open the reader's page, and bookmark it for future reference:
2. If a title is of interest to you, click it. You will be taken to the LibriVox forum page where this project is being managed whilst it's in progress. There, you will find the target completion date. You will also find a link you can click, to be notified by email when the project is complete. Once you have done this, you just have to sit back and wait patiently for that email to arrive, click the link within it through to the new catalogue page, and you'll have hours of enjoyable listening to a favourite reader ahead of you!