Here is a list of the tutorials available for the Audacity software. Some of them are picture tutorials, for those of us who are more visual. They are indicated as such.
Please note that these sections are still under construction, and content will be added as time permits.
- Noisecleaning - Step-by-step picture tutorialbox (In another language: Español, Francais)
- General Noise Cleaning page
- Removing Hums and Whistles
- Removing Peaks - Step-by-step picture tutorial on how to remove single rogue peaks.
- Verstärken - Schritt für Schritt Anleitung: Wie man eine Aufnahme verstärken kann, die viele laute Spitzen hat
- Amplifying - Step-by-step picture tutorial
- Evening out the volume - Step-by-step picture tutorial
Dynamic Range Compression
Removing Click Sounds
Fixing Individual Plosives
It is (obviously) better to avoid getting them in the first place by correct mic placement. See this article.
However, the occasional popping 'p' (which is actually breath on the mic and a very low frequency sound) can be isolated and treated with a High Pass Filter. Make sure your selection begins and ends on the horizontal line (by clicking the Z key). Then click Effect > High Pass Filter, and using settings of roll-off 12dB and cut-off frequency 100 Hz, click OK. The popping sound should be decreased.