Interesting Forum Threads
Discussions and Decisions Made
These are threads where a serious discussion has arisen, and a decision has been made. Usually with these issues they have become formalish LibriVox policy, and they are unlikely to change, though this is an entirely volunteer-driven project, so you never know what might happen!
What licensing do we use at LibriVox?
- public domain vs. creative commons, extensive rationale
- public domain vs. creative commons non-commercial
- Public Domain vs. Creative Commons
- free as in... This one has come up a LOT.
Do we need the LibriVox disclaimer? Can we change/shorten it?
Do we/will we have a rating system at LibriVox?
Discussing recording standards and how far we should go
Librivox, wikipedia, and Link Spam
Others selling LibriVox recordings
Recording V.S. Text Differences
Just a random, unordered collection of threads where odd sites or subjects have triggered discussions among the members.
- Problems with cats (and other background noises) while recording.
- Visiting relatives, children and other vermin: recordings being deleted maliciously or accidentally.
- Cheap solutions for recording without a computer.
- Panning the Classics and Strange synopses of the Classics
- Hating RealPlayer, and uninstalling it.
- Computer/video games (especially Harry Potter).
- Lots of librarians on the site.
- A site that lists one hundred best first lines (but the thread is mainly about Nabokov's Lolita).
- Kittens and other cuteness.
- Peculiarities of English pronunciation.
- General characteristics of "Librivoxers"